Saturday 9 July 2011

Saturday Sillies

I've had quite an amusing day so far....

Frog woke me up early, somehow cuddled up to me despite having her own entire bed, room and walk in robe I would kill for...... Her day started with quite a lot of wriggling next to mum, who obviously didn't appreciate the brilliance of 5:53 am and needed some subtle hints to realise it was day time and therefor sleep was no longer needed.

I tried my hardest, but failed miserably in my enthusiasm - rolling over and prodding WonderMan in the hope he would either A) get up, light the fire, play with Frog and let me sleep or B) at least make me a very strong coffee before I lurched out of bed.

Neither of these two things happened. *FAIL*

Instead, Frog started playing with my hair and pushing on my earrings - all the time proclaiming "Mummy pwetty eawwings! Frog have pwetty eawwings?" and trying to pull them out without worrying about what happened to Mummy's actual EARS in the process.

So I reluctantly turned over and attempted to convince her that she really wanted a sleep in. "Okay Mummy, Frog sleepys now" *WIN*

*FAIL*

Snuggling down to sleep wasn't as simple as I thought. It involved much tossing and turning, dramatic sighing, tugging at the quilt and finally shouting "MUMMY! MINE BLANKETS!" and insisting on having them all.

So it was time to get up and start my day..........

Frog jumped out of bed with WonderMan and made plenty of noise in the kitchen "helping" him make Mummy's coffee. This included numerous trips up the hallway to stand at my bedroom door and shout "Mummy's cuppa! Up now cuppas time!"

I would like to say I jumped out of bed and skipped down to the kitchen to greet the day brightly from my kitchen window.... but sadly I find my nose starting to grow just thinking about it.

Instead I EMERGED immersed in my usual morning cloud and groped blindly for my delightful ducky dressing gown which is supposed to make me feel bright and cheery and just makes me want to know how much prozac i would need to be as damn cheery as those duckies....

I was ordered down the hallway by Frog and her insistence that I hurry up and drink my cuppa right that second, and the second I sat down shouted "No Mummy! Frog brekky! Frog eat brekky now, mummy getit!" Then Tiger got up and Frog spent the next hour frantically running around insisting that every single movement, breath or blink was "MINE BLINK! NO TIGER BLINK!

*GROAN*

Frankly I was so happy to go to work I almost broke out the happy dance before 9am!

Work was an absolutely frantic 3 hours of mayhem, but noone shouted "Mine breathing" once and there's always the knowledge that you will clocking off from work at some point of the day, unlike toddlers......

And I discovered that the creature in bare feet and a beard is actually a woman, bringing to a close a long running and quite heated debate.

Now I'm home for my one whole afternoon off this weekend, with a cuppa in hand and Ebay to amuse me in between being climbed on by Frog who still wants my earrings.....

WonderMan is baking with one hand while pushing back the seagulls with the other, and trying to work out how to give them equal licks of the spoon.....

The majority of the housework is done, the fire is keeping my toes toasty and so far noone has required a trip to the after hours clinic at the hospital....

All is right with the world.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my world go round!