Wednesday 23 November 2011

Relocation Update

Mostly what I have to report is a lot of nothing. 


WonderMan is working. I'm working. I'm trying to catch up on the mess that has descended from a weekend of flu plus work last week. 


I can tell you the people working in the real estates where we are going do not want any business. They are quite possibly content to sit at their desks filing their nails for the rest of their careers. Although they won't have a job much longer if they continue like that....


Out of five real estate agents contacted for rental applications one - yes ONE - has emailed me the forms, and it took her three days to do that. Because a job that takes all of five seconds couldn't possibly be done right away while I'm talking to you on the phone.


I've started sending my resume out. The problem with this move is the juggle of finding a job before we relocate, otherwise we are going to be looking at a bit of a financial black hole, and we just got out of one of those so I'm reluctant to jump back in.


The kids and I may have to stay here a bit longer, or alternatively move up and live in the converted shearer's quarters WonderMan is currently inhabiting. 


Based on the descriptions he has given me.... option B is not my first choice. 


I was starting to clear the house bit by bit for a garage sale, but as I said, I'm a bit behind and need a couple of clear days to catch up again and get back into the groove. I have so much stuff to get rid of. I'm aiming for the least amount of stuff to move as possible.


I have sent off Tiger's school enrollment for her new school. I doubt we will be able to fit in a visit before the end of the year, because ballet concerts and work take us right up until Christmas this year.


There is a lot of work to be done, but I'm sitting on my hands waiting for when we can set a date, pick a house, and load that truck.


Hopefully it's soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my world go round!