Thursday 22 March 2012

The dinosaur in the room

The last few days keep falling apart. They start off wonderfully and then bits and pieces of them drop off until all that's left is the gossamer threads of my sanity being crushed in my tight fist as I hang on for dear life.

I had yet another evening meeting which I had to drag the kids to and they reenacted WWII style air raid sirens by screaming at each other a lot.

Frog is all kinds of contrary and even if I agree with her she pulls a huff worthy of a teenager. If I walk away she just comes and stands in front of my face to make sure I get the full force of her huffiness.

She must have seen the dark, stormy cloud hanging over my head last night because just as the raindrops were about to fall she brought me her "dinesaw"  to "Make you happy mummy?" and gave me a kiss on the nose before dancing away.





He and I stared at each other for a while.

And then those storm clouds burst.

The salty tears ran down my face and burst in clouds of steam.

From white hot anger to dull red heartache in a second.

These girls that drive me to distraction are also the glue holding me together. We are all hurting, they need their daddy back, and so do I. 

I know they are trying their best, and I'm so grateful for that little dinosaur.


He made my day.

I'm linked up with Thankful Thursday at Kate Says Stuff


10 comments:

  1. Sanity is overrated. Really it is. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I think that too sometimes :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hoping things get easier for you soon. Sometimes letting the dam burst forth is all you can do to cope. Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was what I needed, to let go of some of the build up of tension and craziness of the last few weeks. Thanks xx

      Delete
  3. Oh Natalie.... I don't know what to say. Life is so bloody hard sometimes and it's not fair.
    Wish I could give you a big hug, but maybe instead you just need to hug the dinosaur. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess xx It was really just what I needed; sometimes we think our kids don't know but they feel our stress and our pain, and something this little was so special because it said "You okay mummy?" Today was better x

      Delete
  4. Sometimes a good cry can help a lot..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bless that is so beautiful. Glad you were able to let it all out. xox

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my world go round!